UX Psychology - Designing for Humans
This event has passed.
Good design is based on a deep understanding of how we humans think and operate.
On this full day course, we will cover areas such as cognitive biases, emotion, decision making processes and persuasion and influence. We will discuss how these principles relate to design and show you how you can apply these principles to your own designs and customer journeys to create more intuitive, effective, and pleasant customer experiences.
Choose this course if you are you interested in...
- Understanding more about the human mind and how people think
- Learning how to create more fluid, intuitive user experiences and customer journeys
- Ensuring human centred thinking is at the core of your designs
- Gaining a better understanding of the principles of persuasion and influence to improve conversion
What will you learn?
- Fundamentals of perception in design and how to make use of Gestalt principles to create more engaging designs
- How people makes choices and use cognitive biases to help them make decisions
- How to design for memory, user attention and focus
- Principles of persuasion and influence and how best to employ them in your customer journeys
- How to design for emotional experiences to create more pleasant engaging experiences.
What to expect on the day?
- Relevant and practical: Our training material includes lots of examples of good practice of how these psychology principles have been applied to create better designs. You will walk away concrete takeaways as how to apply this to your own designs.
- Interactive and enjoyable: Throughout the day, we run several hands-on exercises, were you and your classmates will get the opportunity to test what you have learned to evaluate case study material on customer journeys and suggest more effective designs.
What you will get:
You will receive a print-out of all training materials and course activities. There is no exam in this course but all successful participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the day.
£490 + VAT
The following cancellation policy applies to all bookings made:
- 30 days or more before training - full refund or attend a future course date
- 15-29 days prior to training - 50% refund
- 7-14 days prior to training - 25% refund
- 6 days or less prior to training - no refund
You are most welcome to send a substitute for the originally booked delegate at any time by notifying us of their details. User Vision reserves the right to cancel all or parts of the course if an insufficient number of people register for the course.
About Stephen Denning
Stephen Denning is Director of User Experience at User Vision, where he leads the team of consultants supporting organisations around the globe to put user insight at the centre of product and service design. He has been around the technology industry for over 20 years and in that time, has had the opportunity to work with governments, banks, airlines, hotel groups, mobile networks, global retail sites and even a supercar manufacturer! Over the years, Stephen has delivered training to universities, companies and the general public, and has presented at local, national, and international conferences.
Specialisms and interests: User research methodologies, interaction design principles, eye-tracking, prototyping and UX strategy.
You will receive an online link to access the course in the coming days.