Prototyping with Axure RP (Foundation)
This event has passed.
Learn how to rapidly turn your design ideas into shareable, testable, interactive prototypes … without writing a line of code, with our Axure RP prototyping training!
In this course, we will look both at the principles behind a prototyping approach, as well as the practicalities of building prototypes. We will use Axure RP, a leading prototyping tool, known for its effective combination of power and simplicity.
In this Foundation course our experienced trainer will take you, over the course of 1 day, from opening Axure for the first time through to building a functioning, interactive prototype. The course will include classroom learning, practical exercises, and tips & tricks from our trainers’ years of Axure experience.
If you already know the basics of Axure, or would like to continue your learning after this course, a second day of Advanced Axure training is available. More details are available on the Advanced Axure Course Page.
Choose this course if you are interested in …
- Understanding why and how to use an iterative prototyping approach to get to the right design quicker, and how it fits into an overall user-centred design approach
- Introducing or developing a prototyping capability in your organisation
- Understanding the scope of what Axure RP can deliver
- Learning how to use Axure RP to produce low-fidelity prototypes of your design
- Learning how to build interactive prototypes with no coding required
- Learning how to develop the fidelity of your prototype
- Acquiring practical skills that you and your team can use right away
What you will learn
- What is Rapid Prototyping, why is it useful, and where does it fit in?
- An introduction to the Axure RP (8.0) environment
- Using widgets to build low-fidelity prototypes
- Structuring your layout with grids, guides and snapping
- Applying styles to your prototypes
- Saving time with Masters
- Creating basic interactions with Events & Actions
- Quick introduction to Dynamic Panels
- Using Axure to replicate common web design elements
- Sharing your prototypes
The Advanced Axure Course builds on this content, covering aspects such as Variables, Conditional Logic, Advanced Dynamic Panels, Image manipulation and Adaptive Design.
What to expect on the day
Practical and enjoyable: Throughout the day you and your small group of classmates will get the opportunity to learn from an experienced UX consultant (and Axure practitioner), immediately apply the learning, and get hands-on help as you build your own prototype.
You will receive a print-out of all training materials and course activities. There is no exam in this course but all successful participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the day.
The following cancellation policy applies to all bookings made:
- 30 days or more before training – full refund or attend a future course date
- 15-29 days prior to training – 50% refund
- 7-14 days prior to training – 25% refund
- 6 days or less prior to training – no refund
You are most welcome to send a substitute for the originally booked delegate at any time by notifying us of their details. User Vision reserves the right to cancel all or parts of the course if an insufficient number of people register for the course.
About Stephen Denning
Stephen Denning is Director of User Experience at User Vision, where he leads the team of consultants supporting organisations around the globe to put user insight at the centre of product and service design. He has been around the technology industry for over 20 years and in that time, has had the opportunity to work with governments, banks, airlines, hotel groups, mobile networks, global retail sites and even a supercar manufacturer! Over the years, Stephen has delivered training to universities, companies and the general public, and has presented at local, national, and international conferences.
Specialisms and interests: User research methodologies, interaction design principles, eye-tracking, prototyping and UX strategy.
You will receive an online link to access the course in the coming days.