Designing Accessible Experiences
This course is just one of the accessibility courses we offer. Check out the other courses pages for details on our Web Accessibility for Managers course and our Web Accessibility for Developers course.
Choose this course if you are you interested in...
- Understanding the importance of and need for accessibility
- Learning how disabled people use digital services
- Learning more about accessibility standards and guidelines such as the W3C guidelines for web content (WCAG 2.1 AA)
- Finding accessible solutions to interface design challenges
- Creating inclusive design patterns
- Communicating accessible design requirements to developers
- Learning how to test your designs for accessibility
What will you learn?
- Introduction to web accessibility
- Demonstration of assistive technology
- Benefits of digital style guidelines and how to embed accessibility into them
- How to convey accessibility considerations in your designs to developers
- Accessibility guidelines on topics such as:
- Colour and colour contrast
- Page structure
- Font style and size
- Navigation and identification
- Visible focus
- Form controls
What to expect on the day?
Our training includes lots of examples of good practice in inclusive design. You will walk away with concrete takeaways as how to apply this to your own designs. Throughout the day, you will get the opportunity to work individually and within teams to solve design problems by applying what you have learned.
You will receive a print-out of all training materials and course activities. There is no exam in this course but all successful participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the day.
£490 + VAT
The following cancellation policy applies to all bookings made:
- 30 days or more before training - full refund or attend a future course date
- 15-29 days prior to training - 50% refund
- 7-14 days prior to training - 25% refund
- 6 days or less prior to training - no refund
You are most welcome to send a substitute for the originally booked delegate at any time by notifying us of their details. User Vision reserves the right to cancel all or parts of the course if an insufficient number of people register for the course.
About Keith Allan
Keith is a skilled UX & Accessibility Consultant with experience in User Centred Design and a passion for creating inclusivity in technology through effective accessibility. Keith has experience working with web designers, developers and project managers on multiple accessibility projects with clients in the public sector, retail and financial services. Through his client engagements he regularly applies his skills in Accessibility Testing, Web Design, Accessibility mentoring and Usability testing with people with disabilities.
You will receive an online link to access the course in the coming days.