Usability & UX Foundation - Training (CPUX-F)
Our Certified Professional in User Experience Foundation (CPUX-F) training and UX certification exam is ideal for learning how to apply user-centred design (UCD) and UX throughout your design process.
Developed by the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (this will open in a new window)(UXQB), this comprehensive training leads to an internationally recognised qualification for those who pass the certification exam, which is independently assessed/certified by International Software Quality Institute (iSQI). Furthermore, it is recognised by UXPA UK(this will open in a new window).
Following the user-centred design process of the International Standard ISO 9241, the training covers best practice UX research methods and experience design principles. You’ll also have many opportunities to apply these skills during the hands-on interactive exercises throughout.
Find out more about the Usability & UX - Condensed Training & Exam (CPUX-F) crash course being held Tuesday 11th June 2019.
What will I learn?
The CPUX-F training and certification exam covers the fundamentals of usability and user experience in the areas of:
- How to apply usability principles and design guidelines from the earliest stages of user needs research through to final evaluation
- Understanding and defining the context of use: procedures for analysis, user observation, interview, developing personas, scenarios, customer journey maps, and identifying user groups
- Learn how to gather and specify user needs and requirements including designing for accessibility
- Information architecture analysis techniques for effective navigation design
- Designing solutions: interface design heuristics and guidelines, low- and high-fidelity prototypes, dialogue principles, and best practice in error messaging
- Usability testing and other evaluation methods: a step-by-step approach to preparing and running usability tests, applying heuristic evaluations and designing insightful surveys
- Integrating UX with agile development and Lean UX techniques: How to apply user research and user-centred design in deadline driven projects
Is CPUX for me?
The Foundation level certification is perfect for UX Designers, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Software Developers and Designers. It will help anyone who works in UX, or who wants to learn how to apply the user-centred design process, to create compelling, intuitive experiences based on user research and best practice, The CPUX-F training and qualification exam will:
- ensure that your knowledge of usability and user experience is completely up to date
- enable you to acquire knowledge and skills that follow the best practices and established conventions
- prove your knowledge of usability, user experience and user-centred design
- build knowledge and skills applying the established best practices for user-centered design
The certification gives you the qualification needed to advance to the higher certificates in the areas of Usability Testing (CPUX-UT) and User Requirements engineering (CPUX-UR(this will open in a new window)).
Course modules & prices
CPUX-F comprises of three separate modules, taught over three days. Please note for this course the crash course and exam will be taking place the following week (Tuesday 11th June). We are flexible in how you get this qualification, whether you want to attend the full training or to just sit the exam and prepare yourself with the course curriculum. The options are as follows:
- Module 1 (Day 1 & Day 2): CPUX-F Course – 2-day classroom training, £975 + VAT
- Full Package (Day 1 & Day 2 will be taking place 5-6 June 2019, with Crash Course & Exam taking place on the 11th June 2019) : If you purchase all 3 modules, we offer a package discount of over 20% at £1,180 + VAT.
Group discount – If 3 or more people from your organisation want to come, or if you'd like us to bring the training into your organisation, we can offer further discounts. Please contact us for further details.If you're interested in the course but can’t attend these dates or location? Let us know and we can keep you informed of upcoming sessions.
The following cancellation policy applies to all bookings made:
- 30 days or more before training – full refund or attend a future course date
- 15-29 days prior to training – 50% refund
- 7-14 days prior to training – 25% refund
- 6 days or less prior to training – no refund
You are most welcome to send a substitute for the originally booked delegate at any time by notifying us of their details. User Vision reserves the right to cancel all or parts of the course if an insufficient number of people register for the course.
About Chris Rourke
Chris Rourke is our most experienced trainer and has been delivering training even before 2000 when he founded User Vision. He has conducted UX and human factors projects throughout the UK and Europe, working with many blue chip commercial companies and leading public sector organisations to provide UX and accessibility support. With a background in engineering psychology, Chris has worked on projects for a wide range of digital platforms including interactive TV, public kiosks, web and mobile.
Besides courses delivered through User Vision, Chris also delivers UX & usability training for Econsultancy, and has delivered in-house and public courses in Europe and the Middle East.
Areas of specialism: Information architecture, user research, interaction design principles, UX strategy, conversion rate optimisation and eCommerce usability.