Advanced Usability Testing & Evaluation Certification (CPUX-UT)
User Vision is offering an advanced course for the internationally recognised UX professionals qualification – Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience (CPUX) Usability Testing and Evaluation. This is available to those who have passed the CPUX-Foundation exam.
Our training provides a professional 3-day UX certification programme covering usability evaluation methods and theories – in particular usability testing. It was created in association with the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board(this will open in a new window) (UXQB) and, like the Foundation course, there are plenty of hands-on exercises to apply your skills. It is independently assessed/certified by the International Software Quality Institute (iSQI)(this will open in a new window) through a two-part exam covering both theory and practical demonstration.
What will I learn?
- Creating test plans and scripts
- Types of test tasks to build into your test
- Pilot studies
- How to perform accurate recruitment
Running test sessions
- Essential pre-test preparation
- Briefing participants
- Pre-session interviews
- Moderation methods for effective testing
- Software and tools for running usability tests
- Analysis of your results
- Test reporting
- Applying the KJ-method for prioritisation
- Creating Video highlights
Quantitative usability tests and statistics
Other types of usability testing
- Discount (guerrilla) usability testing
- Remote & unmoderated testing
- Retrospective recall
- A/B Testing
- Ethical guidelines for usability tests
Making a case for usability testing with your colleagues
Other usability evaluation methods
- Usability Inspections
Course modules and prices
Like with the Foundation course, we offer options in how you get this qualification. You can choose to take the full three-day course concluding with the independent theoretical and practical examination, or you can take the certification exam on its own. The options are below:
- Full 3 day course and certification with independent theoretical and practical examination, £1,650 + VAT
- Certification only: independent theoretical and practical examination, £550 + VAT
Prerequisite: To take the CPUX-User Testing course, attendees must have passed the CPUX-Foundation exam.
The following cancellation policy applies to all bookings made:
- 30 days or more before training - full refund or attend a future course date
- 15-29 days prior to training - 50% refund
- 7-14 days prior to training - 25% refund
- 6 days or less prior to training - no refund
You are most welcome to send a substitute for the originally booked delegate at any time by notifying us of their details. User Vision reserves the right to cancel all or parts of the course if an insufficient number of people register for the course.
About Stephen Denning
Stephen Denning is Director of User Experience at User Vision, where he leads the team of consultants supporting organisations around the globe to put user insight at the centre of product and service design. He has been around the technology industry for over 20 years and in that time, has had the opportunity to work with governments, banks, airlines, hotel groups, mobile networks, global retail sites and even a supercar manufacturer! Over the years, Stephen has delivered training to universities, companies and the general public, and has presented at local, national, and international conferences.
Specialisms and interests: User research methodologies, interaction design principles, eye-tracking, prototyping and UX strategy.
You will receive an online link to access the course in the coming days.