UX Strategy – Design Leadership
This event has passed.
In this UX Strategy course, we will bring you through a framework to help you think about and plan your own UX strategy. We will look at questions such as; how and where do you begin? What do you need to establish in terms of processes, people, and policies to implement your strategy? And what can you do to bring others along with you on the journey in order to create a truly customer-centric culture?
Measurement is a key part of a successful strategy and we recommend as a natural progression in your learning, the next course after this one, is our one-day course dedicated to measuring the user experience.
Choose this course if you are interested in...
- Learning how the user experience fits in with the overall customer experience, and how both fit with your organisation’s wider digital strategies
- How to get management buy-in and raise the profile of UX in your organisation
- Understanding where the gaps are in your current UX processes and practices
- Learning more about which processes you need to implement to ensure that robust and joined-up user centred design practices are being followed
- Understanding the different roles in UX and how teams can work together
What you will learn
- Fundamentals of UX Strategy
- How to create a UX Vision statement to guide your thinking
- How to create and develop a UX Roadmap to guide you towards your goals
- Strategies for overcoming organisational barriers, including resistance to change
- The different roles and responsibilities in UX, and how to build your team and bring others along with you
- UX measurement: An introduction on how to monitor, measure and communicate the value of your strategy
What to expect on the day
Throughout the day we run several activates, based on case study material where you and your classmates will get the opportunity to apply aspects of the strategic framework to different situations. You will walk away with a framework and templates that you can use immediately in developing your own processes and strategy.
You will receive a print-out of all training materials and course activities. There is no exam in this course but all successful participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the day.
The following cancellation policy applies to all bookings made:
- 30 days or more before training – full refund or attend a future course date
- 15-29 days prior to training – 50% refund
- 7-14 days prior to training – 25% refund
- 6 days or less prior to training – no refund
You are most welcome to send a substitute for the originally booked delegate at any time by notifying us of their details. User Vision reserves the right to cancel all or parts of the course if an insufficient number of people register for the course.
About Abi Reynolds
Abi Reynolds has been involved in research and user experience for over 10 years. Starting off with setting up and running a usability lab in a College she then moved to leading in-house research teams. She is now enjoying leading a small team of consultants working with a range of clients helping them bring more user centred design to their organisations. She is particularly interested in exploring (new) methods and methodologies that allow us new insights into how digital products fit into our daily lives.
Specialisms and interests: user research, interaction design principles and exploring how insights can drive innovation.