Prototyping with Axure RP (Advanced)
This event has passed.
Rapid prototyping is a technique that allows designers to quickly put together a visualisation of their design that can be shared with others in the organisation or tested with end-users. This approach delivers quick, useful feedback and, through an iterative approach, allows you to get to a viable design much faster.
In this Advanced course, our experienced trainer will take you, over the course of 1 day, from basic low-fidelity wireframes in Axure through to building highly interactive and intuitive prototypes. The course will include classroom learning, practical exercises, and tips & tricks from our trainers’ years of Axure experience.
This course assumes a basic knowledge, and practical experience, of Axure RP 8. This course can act as an effective follow on to our Prototyping with Axure RP (Foundation) Course.
Choose this course if you are interested in ...
- Understanding why and how to use an iterative prototyping approach to get to the right design quicker, and how it fits into an overall user-centred design approach
- Developing a prototyping capability in your organisation
- Understanding the scope of what Axure RP can deliver
- Taking your Axure skills to the next level
- Increasing the interactivity of your prototypes
- Acquiring practical skills that you and your team can use right away
What you will learn
- What is Rapid Prototyping, why is it useful, and where does it fit in?
- A quick recap of the Axure RP (8.0) environment
- A whistle-stop tour of the basic Axure functionality
- Using Variables to store data
- Using Conditional Logic to create multiple paths through your prototype
- Advanced Dynamic Panel techniques
- How to manipulate images to adapt existing pages
- Using Axure’s Adaptive Design functionality to run your prototype on multiple devices
This course builds on the Prototyping with Axure RP (Foundation) Course which covers aspects such as; using widgets, structuring your layout, applying styles, using Masters and creating basic interactions.
What to expect on the day
Practical and enjoyable: Throughout the day you and your small group of classmates will get the opportunity to learn from an experienced UX consultant (and Axure practitioner), immediately apply the learning, and get hands-on help as you build your own prototype.
You will receive a print-out of all training materials and course activities. There is no exam in this course but all successful participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the day.
The following cancellation policy applies to all bookings made:
- 30 days or more before training – full refund or attend a future course date
- 15-29 days prior to training – 50% refund
- 7-14 days prior to training – 25% refund
- 6 days or less prior to training – no refund
You are most welcome to send a substitute for the originally booked delegate at any time by notifying us of their details. User Vision reserves the right to cancel all or parts of the course if an insufficient number of people register for the course.
About Stephen Denning
Stephen Denning is Director of User Experience at User Vision, where he leads the team of consultants supporting organisations around the globe to put user insight at the centre of product and service design. He has been around the technology industry for over 20 years and in that time, has had the opportunity to work with governments, banks, airlines, hotel groups, mobile networks, global retail sites and even a supercar manufacturer! Over the years, Stephen has delivered training to universities, companies and the general public, and has presented at local, national, and international conferences.
Specialisms and interests: User research methodologies, interaction design principles, eye-tracking, prototyping and UX strategy.