Do you want to learn about and apply the User Centred Design (UCD) process, develop your UX skills and gain an internationally recognised UX accreditation? Then our Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience (CPUX) Foundation UX training course is for you.
The 3-day Certified Professional in User Experience Foundation (CPUX-F) training and UX certification exam is ideal for learning how to apply user-centred design (UCD) and UX throughout your design process.Developed by the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB), this comprehensive training leads to an internationally recognised qualification for those who pass the certification exam.Following the user-centred design process of the International Standard ISO 9241, the training covers best practice UX research methods and experience design principles. You’ll also have many opportunities to apply these skills during the hands-on interactive exercises throughout.
What will I learn?
The course curriculum and certification programme has been comprehensively developed by the UXQB, a consortium of international experts in usability and user experience. The CPUX-F training and certification exam covers the fundamentals of usability and user experience in the areas of:
- How to apply usability principles and design guidelines from the earliest stages of user needs research through to final evaluation
- Understanding and defining the context of use: procedures for analysis, user observation, interview, developing personas, scenarios, customer journey maps, and identifying user groups
- Learn how to gather and specify user needs and requirements including designing for accessibility
- Information architecture analysis techniques for effective navigation design
- Designing solutions: interface design heuristics and guidelines, low- and high-fidelity prototypes, dialogue principles, and best practice in error messaging
- Usability testing and other evaluation methods: a step-by-step approach to preparing and running usability tests, applying heuristic evaluations and designing insightful surveys
- Integrating UX with agile development and Lean UX techniques: How to apply user research and user-centred design in deadline driven projects
Is CPUX for me?
The training is for anyone involved in improving the usability or user experience of products and digital services. It will benefit anyone who wants to learn how to apply the user-centred design process to create compelling, intuitive experiences based on user research and best practice. UX designers, product managers, software developers and digital designers will benefit from learning this proven user-centred design process . The CPUX-F training and qualification exam will:
- ensure that your knowledge of usability and user experience is completely up to date
- enable you to acquire knowledge and skills that follow the best practices and established conventions
- prove your knowledge of usability, user experience and user-centred design
- build knowledge and skills applying the established best practices for user-centered design
- provide access to higher certificates in the areas of usability testing (CPUX-UT) and user requirements engineering (CPUX-UR)
The Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience (CPUX) Foundation Level certificate is provided by the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB®), a consortium of international UX and usability experts, and is recognised by UXPA UK, UXPA Switzerland and the German UPA. Uniquely, the CPUX programme is developed with the active participation of UX experts from participating countries, and exams are independently provided and scored by the International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
Course modules and prices
We are flexible in how you get this qualification, whether you want to attend the full training or to just sit the exam. The options are as follows:
- Module 1: CPUX-F Course – 2-day classroom training, £975 + VAT
Jan 28 : 09:00 – 17:00
Jan 29 : 09:00 – 17:00
- Module 2: Crash Course – Half-day intensive review of the entire curriculum and rehearsal certification test, £235 + VAT
Jan 30 : 09:00 – 13:00
- Module 3: Certification Exam only – £290 + VAT
Jan 30 : 14:00 – 16:00
Booking Discounts and Options
- Package Discount – If you purchase all 3 modules, we offer a package discount of over 20% at £1,180 + VAT.
- UXPA Members Discount – We’re also offering a 10% discount off all modules for members of the UXPA or UXPA UK – just enter your UXPA membership number and this discount code: UXPAUSERVISION when purchasing your tickets.
- Group discount – If 3 or more people from your organisation want to come, we can offer further discounts. Please contact us for further details.
- We’re flexible – If you wish to prepare yourself with the course curriculum, we have a number of places for taking the crash course only or just the certification exam.
- Contact us for group booking in-house training
- Interested in the course but can’t attend these dates or location? Let us know and we can keep you informed of upcoming sessions.
The following cancellation policy applies to all bookings made:
- 30 days or more before training – full refund or attend a future course date
- 15-29 days prior to training – 50% refund
- 7-14 days prior to training – 25% refund
- 6 days or less prior to training – no refund
You are most welcome to send a substitute for the originally booked delegate at any time by notifying us of their details. User Vision reserves the right to cancel all or parts of the course if an insufficient number of people register for the course.