This role involves undertaking a wide variety of project roles, working directly with our diverse range of high-profile clients, as part of our hugely experienced team.
You have to be outgoing, pro-active and curious, coupled with a real passion for shaping the best user experiences. You will have a background in UX, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Psychology, or similar, and your work history should demonstrate what you can bring to our dynamic team.
What you would do
The primary aim of this Edinburgh-based role is to deliver valuable insights and great ideas for our clients. This dynamic role requires that you are comfortable working as part of a team or individually under senior consultant support. Candidates must be comfortable being client-facing from day one. Some of your day to day activities will include (but certainly not limited to):
- Research: Helping clients understand who their users are and the needs they have, through empirical research. This could be anything from conducting interviews, running focus groups, or observing user behaviour. This insight can then be delivered in forms such as personas, user journeys and experience maps.
- Design: Helping clients to develop, visualise and test products and services. This can include collaborative design exercises with clients, devising and testing information architectures, and developing different types of prototypes, ranging from simple sketches to fully interactive prototypes.
- Evaluation: Helping clients identify where designs can be improved to deliver the best experience. We achieve this through various methods, including expert reviews, accessibility audits, quantitative methods and usability testing (both remotely and face to face).
You will also be given the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company in the following ways:
- Keeping up with developments in our rapidly evolving field, learning from your colleagues and sharing your skills with the team.
- Supporting our business growth through nurturing close relationships with our clients, spotting and developing opportunities, and contributing to proposals.
- Providing knowledge sharing and mentoring to more junior staff.
- Helping to shape and develop the services we offer to our clients.
- Contributing to the UX community through the creation of articles, networking, and by attending or speaking at conferences.
Who we are looking for
You will have skills in many areas of experience design, and by working with our team you’ll be able to learn and grow across the full breadth of UX and service design methods.
We want to work with the best so you should have a skill set which you can demonstrate. Our ideal candidate would possess many of the following:
- Passionate about shaping the best possible user experiences and a portfolio to demonstrate it.
- Qualification in an applicable area (UX, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Psychology, or similar).
- Track record conducting UX research design projects across a range of platforms (ideally working in UX-related areas for 2+ years).
- Experience of web accessibility.
- Proactive and highly motivated.
- Excellent business acumen, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- An eye for good design and an understanding of why.
- Solid consultancy skills that will provide our clients with clear deliverables and confidence in our work
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple projects effectively, working well with others in a team or individually.
- A commitment to continued personal and professional development.
- Agency/consultancy experience is a plus.
- Multi-lingual ability is a plus.
What we offer
In return, we offer a great working environment:
- Based at our townhouse HQ in the heart of Edinburgh’s New Town.
- A friendly work environment where you are encouraged to develop your potential, share your experience, and learn from others who are passionate about UX.
- Supportive, innovative, skilled and enthusiastic colleagues who are fun to work with.
- A chance to work with high-profile brands across a variety of sectors.
- Travel across the UK, Europe and beyond.
- Excellent user research facilities including two usability test labs and focus group facilities.
- Flexible working where possible.
And a compelling package:
- A competitive salary and profit-sharing bonus.
- Company pension (with employer contributions following the probationary period).
- Generous conference, training and personal development budget.
- Various optional benefit schemes (e.g. cycle to work, childcare vouchers, technology purchase).
- Fresh fruit basket.
- Generous holiday allowance, including your birthday off!
So if you think that we could be a good fit for you and that you could bring something to our team, we would love to hear from you.
- We’ll need you to have the right to work in the UK.
- No recruitment agencies please.