Do you want to learn about and apply the User Centred Design (UCD) process, develop your UX skills and gain an internationally recognised UX accreditation? Then our Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience (CPUX) Foundation training course is for you.
This comprehensive course, developed by international UX and usability experts from the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB), covers the end to end user-centred design process based on the International Standard ISO 9241. The training covers best practice UX research methods and experience design principles and you’ll have many opportunities to apply these skills during the hands-on interactive exercises.
What will I learn?
The course will be delivered by Chris Rourke, Founder and CEO of User Vision, who will draw on over 25 years of applying UX and user-centred design with clients from across the globe. Using the UCD process from ISO 9241 as a foundation the course introduces key usability and user experience principles and methods:
- How to apply usability principles and guidelines from the earliest stages of the design process through to final evaluation
- Understanding and defining the context of use: procedures for analysis, user observation, interview, developing personas, scenarios, and identifying user groups
- Learn how to gather and specify user needs and requirements
- Creating the user interaction: interface design heuristics and guidelines, low- and high-fidelity prototypes, dialogue principles, and best practice in error messaging
- Usability testing and other evaluation methods: a step-by-step approach to preparing and running usability tests, applying heuristic evaluations and designing insightful surveys
- Process management and application of methods: The key roles in an organisation applying the UX process model
Is it for me?
The CPUX Foundation level certification is appropriate for anyone who works in UX or who wants to learn how to apply the user-centred design process to create intuitive experiences based on user research and best practice. UX designers, product managers, software developers and designers of all interactive systems will benefit. The training and qualification through the CPUX-F exam will:
- ensure that your knowledge of usability and user experience is completely up to date
- enable you to acquire knowledge and skills that follow the best practices and established conventions
- provide recognised proof of your knowledge of usability and user experience through the CPUX-F qualification
- provide access to higher certificates in the areas of usability testing (CPUX-UT) and user requirements engineering (CPUX-UR)
The Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience (CPUX) Foundation Level certificate is provided by the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB®), a consortium of international UX and usability experts, and is recognised by UXPA UK, UXPA Switzerland and the German UPA. Uniquely, the CPUX programme is developed with the active participation of UX experts from participating countries, and exams are independently provided and scored by the International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
Course modules and prices
We are flexible in how you get this qualification, whether you want to attend the full training to just sit the exam. The options are as follows:
- Module 1: CPUX-F Course – 2-day classroom training, £975 + VAT
March 14: 09:00 – 17:00
March 15: 09:00 – 17:00
- Module 2: Crash Course – Half-day intensive review of the entire curriculum and rehearsal certification test, £235 + VAT
March 16: 09:00 – 13:00
- Module 3: Certification Exam only – £290 + VAT
March 16: 14:00 – 16:00
Booking Discounts and Options
- Package Discount – If you purchase all 3 modules, we offer a package discount of over 20% at £1,180 + VAT.
- UXPA Members Discount – We’re also offering a 10% discount off all modules for members of the UXPA or UXPA UK – just enter your UXPA membership number and this discount code: UXPAUSERVISION when purchasing your tickets.
- Group discount – If 3 or more people from your organisation want to come, we can offer further discounts. Please contact us for further details.
- We’re flexible – If you wish to prepare yourself with the CPUX-F course curriculum, we have a number of places for taking the crash course only or just the certification exam.